Hope you have had a good weekend. I spent mine making this bunting. All 6.75m of it! I wanted to make my staircase a bit prettier. Personalise it a bit considering I can't decorate as i'm only renting. Bunting is perfect!
First I chose some fabrics I wanted to use. I went for Pinky-Purply-Creamy-Greeny shades.. my favourite colours and ones that blend together well. Feminine and floral prints too.
Try to ignore my rather uninspiring ironing board cover ;)
I cut out 23 flags (as I call them) and arranged them in an order I liked. Pretty much went plain floral plain floral etc etc.
Then I sewed them together - right sides facing inwards. No need to sew the straight edge of the semicircle together as that will be in the bias tape.. and also helps you turn them the right way out easily.
Turned them right side out and then ironed flat (still keeping them in order so I dont forget how I liked them!)
I pinned and tacked them to the bias tape (that I had already ironed in half). I then used my machine to sew all along the tape securing them in place. I have to admit to not being the best at sewing in a straight line.. but I dont mind when its for me. And you can't see it unless you look reaalllllyyy closely. So it's all good.
Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of this stage. But it's quite straightforward :)
But here is the finished thing, all hung up.
Sharing this post on Ta-Dah! Tuesday